How to move done items into archive?

Irene Yeong June 21, 2019

How to move done items into archive to avoid clogging the board? I have now moved items done to Backlog as temporary solution. Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2019

What type of board is it?

If it is a Core business board, then issues will disappear 14 days after they have become "done".  If you are in a Scrum board, done items will go away at the end of the sprint, and on a Kanban, when you do a release (although if you're using Kanban and don't do releases, you might want to just change the board filter to add "and not (status = done and updated < -7d)")

Irene Yeong June 23, 2019

Hi Nic,

It is a Kanban board. What I do now is create another Project called Archive and move the issues in Done list to Archive.

Thanks.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2019

Ouch.  Moving issues between projects is a really bad thing to do as part of a day-to-day process.  It it good for re-organisations and housekeeping, but it should never be part of a working process.

May I ask what is wrong with "seeing 'done' for 14 days before the issues automatically drop off the board" for you?

The issues moved to Archive is the ones that are Done. For tracking history and past issues, we need to archive them and not automatically drop off the board.

Is there a board that allows Archiving?

Thanks.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2019

No, your definition of "archiving" feels a bit wrong to me.  I archive things when I have confidence that they don't add a lot to immediate reporting, but might need to be kept for statistical reporting or audits.  The shortest time I've seen for an archive is "three months of inactivity"

Dumping "done" stuff into an archive just because you have done it this week sounds very wrong.  What are you telling your stakeholders here?  That you have binned stuff just because you think you might have done it?

So how do you archive?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2019

I wait until a project is done, and then change the permission scheme does not allow changes.  On Data Centre, I wait until a project is done, and then hit the archive button.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events