How to know when a specific Label was added to the issue

KrishnaP March 21, 2020

Every day, multiple Jiras keep getting created. Among them, I want to know when a specific label (For Example: "Important") was tagged to some of the Jira

How can I get this data out using Filters, please let me know

4 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2020

Hi Krishna,

You might consider setting up Automation For Jira to do just that. It's a free product now included out of the box with Jira. Set up a rule to send you an email when the Labels field changes (and you can put some conditions around that for when you want to see it).

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Theofanopoulos March 21, 2020

I found an article which might help your case which is related to getting notifications when label is added :

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Label-notifications/qaq-p/268710

Additionally, you gotta be an issue watcher.
Let me know if that helps.

KrishnaP March 22, 2020

Thank you John for the suggested approach, it works for me

Like John Theofanopoulos likes this
John Theofanopoulos March 23, 2020

Glad I was able to help.

0 votes
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2020

Hi @KrishnaP 

Just go to the Issue Activity tab and have a look at the audit trail . You can find the label added date from the activity logs.

Screenshot 2020-03-22 at 9.42.28 AM.png 

KrishnaP March 22, 2020

Ajay, Thank you. Was looking at something that is automated way of getting the results

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2020

Hello @KrishnaP 

You want to find issue with a label let's says "My label" tagged with the world "Important" ?

You can use this jql:

Project =" Abc" and "my label" in ("Important")

Hope this helps

KrishnaP March 21, 2020

No, I needed to know when a label was added

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders