How to find all linked tasks with specific links?

Aleksandra Repina October 8, 2020

Hi!

There are lots of questions about how to find linked tasks with JQL, but can you please advise.

I need to find all epics and features (in a specific project) that do NOT have linked issues with the following link types: parent, associated with, etc.

I tried to use "issueFunction in hasLinks" but I'm nor sure how to:

1) include all link types,

2) how to place "not",

I use "issueFunction in hasLinks" because I need only outbound links.

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2020

You might need to use some JQL plugins like JQL Search Extensions for Jira & reports 

Here is example how to use the query

Find issues which are blocked by issues from project JQL with priority = Highest. 

issue in linkedBy("is blocked by", "is related to", "project = JQL AND priority = Highest")

Reference:

https://jqlsearchextensions.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SEARCH/pages/30497099/JQL+Reference+Server#JQLReference(Server)-LinkType

0 votes
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2020

hi @Aleksandra Repina 

If you want to get the list of issues linked to a specific issue, use the built in JQL function linkedIssues(issueKey).

If you want to get the list of issues linked to a specific issue with a specific link type, use the built in JQL function linkedIssues(issueKey, linkType).

Aleksandra Repina October 8, 2020

Hi, thanks!

It will not work as the idea to find all issues that do not have specific link type.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events