How to embed JIRA issue filter in external website?

Jonathan Leaders January 26, 2016

I want to be able to do a JIRA search, and then save that as a filter. Then I'd like to get that filter as a "<embed>" code, go to the source code of a completely external website, and copy/paste an HTML "<embed>" code much like you do to embed a  youtube video and the like.

Stake-holders could then be able to see a running list of issues on other websites easily 

2 answers

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2016

JIRA does not have the "embed code" feature that you are describing here. Relatively, you can easily "embed" issues to a Confluence page (we are using this feature a lot because we have very the same use case as yours, displaying issues to stake holders). If you don't have Confluence and no plans on owning one, the only choice I can think of that you have left are :

Lastly, you can always suggest a feature like this to Atlassian (support.atlassian.com)

0 votes
Herman Chow
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2017

Hi @Jonathan Leaders,

I'm looking to make an Add-on to allow embedding Jira issues. Is this a use case that you're still looking to solve? I'd love to hear more about your use case.

Please email me if you're interested: hchow@atlassian.com

Cheers,

Herman

Deirdre Kirmis December 4, 2017

Wondering if anyone ever got this going? I am trying to find a way to display Jira projects on a WordPress website. I found the Crane plugin, but it is limited.

Jonathan Leaders January 8, 2018

We moved to Wunderlist because I can easily drag & drop tasks around with less typing and clicking.

Herman Chow
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2018

I just launched a Connect App that solves a small part of this issue: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.shareables/cloud/overview

Please let me know what you think?

Steve Krueger January 25, 2018

Hi Herman,

I like the concept of the Connect App. As a consultant I am looking to create a list of all my open issues in each client's JIRA databases on my start.me page (or something similar). Much life the JIRA issue/filter Macro in confluence. Is this possible? I would have a start.me widget for each client.

Regards,

Steve.

Herman Chow
Atlassian Team
January 29, 2018

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the feedback!

Right now it's not possible with the plugin unless you manually and individually share each issue. In the near term I don't think I can get this feature out quickly as I'm focusing on improving the current single issue sharing experience.

I've added a list/filter feature on the backlog and will let you know when it gets picked up. In the meantime I'll also consider display options for shared issues that might make doing this manually a bit easier.

I really hope this Connect App can be of use to you, this is my pet project that i'm working on in 20% time.

Cheers,

Herman

Anton Viktorov November 30, 2018

Hi I'd love to try this plug-in but we are using server version jira is it possible to make the same plug-in for server I mean it's hard to support both? 

Herman Chow
Atlassian Team
December 13, 2018

Unfortunately it would be quite hard to support both for the following reasons:

• The App uses the Atlassian Connect API which is only available for Cloud
  • The App makes many assumptions around having access over the public internet

If you're interested in developing a P2 plugin for your own use case i'd be happy to walk you through the approach that I took, you can contact me at hchow@atlassian.com. 

Andrew February 23, 2021

Hey Herman! 

We're looking to create this as an internal app for a client portal. 

I sent you an email to learn more about your approach! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events