How to delete a task created in Jira Business Project?

AnandW July 16, 2018

I have created one JIRA Project of type Business Project. In this, I have created one task which I want to delete. I am not able to find a delete option. How can I delete the task?

3 answers

1 vote
Comunicate Ingenia Perú
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 14, 2024

I'd like to add my solution to this question. In JIRA Work Management, even when you're the admin you must add yourself to few configuration that for some strange reason don't happen at the time of project creation. Here are the steps to make the "Delete" option appear on the 3 button more option. 

1. Go to Project Settings in your particular project. 

2. From the left navigation menu select "Permissions", it will display a long list of permissions.

3. At top right you have 2 buttons: Permission Helper and Actions. Select "Actions"

4. Select "Edit Permissions"

5. Scroll down until you find "delete" and click on [Update]

6. From the display list select who you want to give permissions to. 

I hope this helps.

0 votes
Raaj Ahuja December 21, 2021

Hi You can follow these steps

1. Click on the Settings icon on the top-right corner

2. Click on User Management

3. You will see your name and then Click on the ellipsis

4. Add Your user to the administrator group

If it doesn't work, Add your user to all the groups.

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2018

Hello @AnandW

On the view screen of the issue, you have the more button and when you click on more button you should see the delete option. You can only delete the task if you have delete permissions.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2018

Please see here the "delete issue permissions"

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/managing-project-permissions-861253293.html

And if you want to give yourself delete permissions then you would need to talk to project admin/ jira admin about it.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-can-I-give-a-user-permission-to-delete-bugs-and-tasks/qaq-p/229951

Avida Hancock August 25, 2021

Hi there @Tarun Sapra 

I can't see this anywhere. I am the owner of the organisation so should have all permissions. 

Screenshot 2021-08-25 at 14.50.11.png

Avida Hancock August 25, 2021

Sorry - I double-checked and had to physically add myself as an admin to this project. 

I feel that this should have been given to me by some global permission setting but never mind. 

Sorry to distract you!

Suggest an answer