How to create a linked issue within new issue view?

Ernesto Donate February 13, 2019

With the newly released issue view, I don't see the option to create a linked issue. Does anyone know how to do it?

4 answers

1 vote
Caroline Bartle
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2019

Create Linked Issue is now available in the new issue view of Jira Service Desk. It can be accessed as a link via the "Link issue" button and component:

Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 10.45.46 am.png

0 votes
Matias February 11, 2021

I see that in service desk you can create a linked issue, but in a software project you can't. Is it possible to activate this ^ for a software project? 

0 votes
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2019

Hello Taranjeet, 

The link shows you how to link the issue you are in to another issue but it doesn't indicate how to "Create Linked Issue" from the issue you are in. Does that make sense?

Thanks, 

Ernesto 

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2019

Ernesto, 

Are you in a Service Desk project? That is the only place I've seen the "Created linked issue" functionality. Typically you would link between existing tickets in a software or business project.

Hello Kian, 

We are using JIRA Core Cloud. Today a new issue view was deployed, and this new view doesn't have the "Create Linked Issue" option where it used to be. 

Suggest an answer