How to create a JIRA issue from a form in a Confluence Page?

Dave Rand March 7, 2017

At my organization, we are currently using Confluence and looking into JIRA. I would like to know if a JIRA issue can be created with a custom form embedded in Confluence. 

For example, in Purchasing Department's Confluence space they have a page called 'Submit a Travel Request'. Once the user is on that page they can fill to form that will collect custom information such as name, destination, start date, end date, hotel costs, etc... 

Once they submit the form it should create a new JIRA issue in Purchasing Department JIRA project.

3 answers

0 votes
JIRAfied January 9, 2020

Hi All,

Has anyone found a way to implement this without using a plugin? 

Thanks

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2020

@JIRAfied - ever try Jira issue collectors?

You can create small forms to embed in web pages - and Confluence pages - to create issues in your Jira projects.

christine_stpierre February 7, 2021

Gretchen Jones February 6, 2023

@Dave Liao The embedding back into Confluence does not seem like a quick and simple thing - any suggestions to get the collector to appear there?

0 votes
Vladimir Horev _Raley_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2017

Hi Dave,

You could try Jirassimo IntakeForms for that and embedd it into Confluence using this macro:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.jirassimo.addons.intakeforms.confluence/cloud/overview

Best,

Vlad

0 votes
Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2017

Hi you could try the approach described in https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/38054669 or reviewing multiple plugins for this. Please let me know what you find because I think I will need to re-view a similar user case in the near future!

Br, Niclas

Dave Rand March 8, 2017

I'll let you know if I find something. But given that these are two products from the same company, it should be way easier than this. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer