How to configure "Time to close after resolution" SLA ?

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2021

I need to auto-close my incident (issues) from their resolved status after x period of time.  I notice there is a built-in SLA to do this very thing.  I am having difficulties configuring it for some reason.  I have set it to auto-close after 1 minute after status = resolved.  and nothing happens.  

Can someone help point the error in my ways?

SLA.PNG

I noticed this link but it applies to cloud and we have server:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/auto-close-incidents-after-they-are-resolved/

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2021

Hi @Pete P 

The SLA's are only timers. They can be used to check breaches etc but don't perform actions.

Look at the Automation menu for actions to be performed

image.png

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2021

Thanks @Tom Lister  I was able to get this working finally.  I had selected the wrong transition in the THEN portion of the automation.  "Close Issue" vs "Close" so it was erroring out as there was no "Close Issue" transition in the workflow.  Not sure why it came up in the picklist.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events