How do you remove tempo from jira issue view

Fred Rush May 7, 2020

Recently, a new part of the jira issue page is showing up, and pushes useful content off the screen.  Tempo is not used, it wasn't asked for, it just showed up, much like all the other added fields to the jira page to make it less usable.  What does it take to make this part of the page go away?

image.png 

6 answers

1 vote
Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2020

Hi @Fred Rush

The Tempo panel is only available in the JIRA issue view when the plugin is installed on your instance. 

In case you are not using the plugin, it is recommended to uninstall it as on installation, the Time tracking provider is set to Tempo, instead of the native JIRA time tracking ( JIRA Settings, Issues, Time tracking). 

Users who do not have access to the Tempo plugin will also not be able to view this panel in the issue view. Access to Tempo is given via the JIRA Global permissions, see also https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/THC/pages/362971589/Managing+Access+to+Tempo+Timesheets+for+Cloud+and+Tempo+Planner+for+Cloud.

Best regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team

Fred Rush May 10, 2020

The issue appears to be that another project in the instance wants to use Tempo, so the plugin is installed.  But there is no way to make it go away on a project level, so 99% of the projects not using it, must now suffer with it for the 1 project using it.  This is simply poor design.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Hubbitus October 4, 2023

Please refer tempo documentation Hide the Tempo panel on the Jira issue view with ScriptRunner to hide it with ScriptRunner.

0 votes
Alexandre Sant_Anna August 29, 2022

This bug seems to reapear.

Of sudden in the Backlog screen when we choose one of the tasks the Tempo panel appears, and if we click to Hide, it does not work, I first must click to add the Tempo plan track time, after that the hide button works.

msedge_2022-08-29_20-10-28.png

0 votes
Ashley Whitehead August 27, 2021

The weird thing for us is that this is intermittent. Sometimes it appears, some times it doesn't. My colleague and I were looking at the same issue and he could see this and I didn't.

This is also happening for two other plugins we use.

0 votes
Deleted user June 30, 2021

+1 Also wished here. This big blue icon in the middle of the view is so ridicolus. 

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2020
Fred Rush May 7, 2020

Apparently not, no ... in the tempo area to click on to make it go away.

This is the entire area of the page that needs to go away

image.png 

There is also no tempo button at the top of the page.  Appear to be stuck with another rotten update from atlassian.

Mads Frost May 28, 2020

I agree, I would like to remove this from the issue view. Could you make it so that we can disable it in the settings, just like e.g. BigGantt, see https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Remove-BigPicture-and-BigGantt-charts-from-certain-projects/qaq-p/667635

Like # people like this
Mark K October 4, 2021

Was there ever any update on this? We are having the same issue with it appearing on issue forms.

Like Jonna Rasmussen likes this
Fred Rush October 4, 2021

Unsurprisingly, no.  There is no response to bugs like this reported, nor is there any attention paid to usability.  Whatever they want to force on customers is what you'll take and like it.

Like Mark K likes this
Jesper Halden January 23, 2024

Any updates on this? - most plugins have the ability to choose the project which it is enabled for.

Torrey Meade
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 30, 2024

There seems to be a lot of us struggling here with Tempo removal.  It's a huge eye sore, and most of the time unnecessary in our projects.  As stated above, other projects have to suffer because of 1.  

Do we have an update here?

Jesper Halden January 31, 2024

We ended up removing it using scriptrunner - then you can choose pr. project

Suggest an answer