How do I can Identify a list of Custom Fields by Screen

Jony Gurfinkel August 23, 2022

I have more than 1500 custom fields, I saw that some of them are in 0 screens.

Instead of navigating page by page, is any way that I can extract a list that show which custom field is in 0 screen? 

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You need to bear in mind that just because a field is not on any screens, it does not mean it is not in use.  I regularly created scripted or calculated fields to help with reporting that don't need to go on a screen.

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2022

Excellent point @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- that thought skipped my mind.  I do the exact same thing for a number of fields used for the exact same purpose.  

0 votes
Answer accepted
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 23, 2022

Hi @Jony Gurfinkel welcome to the community.  Do you have any script plugins available like Scriptrunner?  DC has a custom field cleaner built in...

Jony Gurfinkel August 23, 2022

Hi @Craig Nodwell , Thanks!

Yes, I have Scriptrunner in my Jira

Like Craig Nodwell likes this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 23, 2022

You should be able to script this out.  I'm a bit busy right now with work, but I'll look later for you to get you started or with you if you get yourself started.

Suggest an answer