How can I verify my domain name when I use JIRA in the cloud and have no access to HTML or DNS?

Beth Mathies May 1, 2017

How can I verify my domain name when I use JIRA in the cloud and have no access to HTML or DNS?   This makes no sense to me.  Any help would be appreciated.

4 answers

1 vote
Jessica Malenfant December 11, 2017

we are having this same issue - 

We are having some trouble trying to set-up SAML to use with our OneLogin account. In everything we've read it looks like you need to have the domain verified in order to use the Atlassian Identify Manager (can't find other cloud options). However we have an atlassian-hosted instance (ourproject.atlassian.net) and there is no domain that we own for this. Have you run into this issue before? Our atlassian users are not all company employees and so we cannot use our organization domain or active directory. 

We do own related domains for our software applications where we store the apps we want to use SSO to access our atlassian wiki/jira

This seems like something very simple we must be missing. 
Thank you!

Andrea Pilati May 1, 2019

This is exactly the scenario we have. Any resolution?

Jessica Malenfant May 1, 2019

We're still struggling with this and have not found a solution yet

Beth Mathies May 1, 2019

We never found a solution.

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2017

If you self host your email you can reach out to a sysadmin to upload the HTML file or add the DNS txt record. For other scenarios, including G-Suite, CRM system, etc. please see Domain verification.

0 votes
Mridula Chintalacheruvu May 1, 2017

I have the exact same question - I administer Atassian products for my orgainsation but I'm not a system admin - which means I do not have access to HTML or DNS. 

Any information would be great! 

Beth Mathies May 1, 2017

Exactly!   I don't even know who to contact about this....???

Mridula Chintalacheruvu May 1, 2017

I'm not sure if verifing your domain is absolutely necessary for transisitoning to Atlassian accounts. From what I understood reading the documentation, it'd be necessary when you want to enable authentication policies.

I'm hoping to get some insights from this discussion soon - if not, I'll probably open up a ticket with Atlassian Support. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events