How can I find the list of labels being used in a project?

Rohit Bhalla March 19, 2018

I need to find the list of labels being used in the project. Some suggested to use the gadgets but i cant find the gadgets(maybe they are not enabled) to get the list, can someone suggest a better way.

4 answers

6 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2018

It is called Labels Gadget. You can add it to your dashboard and filter labels for a project in the settings of the gadget.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2018

Usually Jira does not load all gadgets when you try to add a gadget. there is a button on the adding screen "Load all gadgets". Click it.

Like Quinton Lephoto likes this
Andrea Robbins January 24, 2022

this is super cool! Thank you!

Yunhua Hu September 6, 2022

Labels Gadget lists all the labels used in the project. How to search labels listed in issuetype = Test only?

Thanks!

Coley Anderson September 8, 2022

@Yunhua Hu   you can always just do a normal search and use a jql like:

issuetype = test and labels is not EMPTY

You can save that filter, use it in a dashboard or just export your results 

*to note - this does not mean that some of the labels are NOT used in other types as well, so be mindful of that*

JQL.JPG

2 votes
Coley Anderson August 29, 2018

you could also just do a filter, if you didn't want to build a Dashboard.

Query would be similar to this:

Project = "ProjectName" and labels != EMPTY

You can limit the columns to whatever you want/don't want to see, and voila. Quick and easy, you can export it if you want to csv, etc.

0 votes
Matthis Thorade December 9, 2022

You can get a list of all labels as json file from the REST API, see the answers in this thread:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-do-I-find-all-labels-in-Jira/qaq-p/1784796

Andy Vaughan January 12, 2023

This might work for Jira Cloud, but I don't think that API exists for Jira Server?

No mention of "labels" anywhere on this page: https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/9.5.0/

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2018

There is a hard-code solution - SQL query to database.

Suggest an answer