How can I create a filter that shows issues requiring my approval? - Service Desk Approver Issue

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2021

How can I create a filter that shows issues requiring my approval?

Using Jira service desk I am supposed to see items requesting my approval on the customer dashboard, unfortunately they are not showing up for me.  Instead I see a 0 even though I have one or more approvals pending:

approvals.PNG

I know in the Request Type configuration "Edit Fields" page there is a tab where you set what shows up on the customer portal and I can confirm that my "Awaiting Approval" status is in there.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2021

Hi Pete,

Maybe something like:

project = jira and "Approvers[User Picker (multiple users)]" = john.funk and "Approvals[Approvals]" = myPending()

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2021

Wow that was quick @John Funk, ty! 

I am on server and Issue Navigator is not liking that...

Field 'Approvers[User Picker (multiple users)]' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it.

Field 'Approvals[Approvals]' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it.

Ideally I would like Service Desk to work as it is supposed to, displaying issues requiring my approval in the UI, but I take the filter as backup.  

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

You should be able to use that filter as the basis for a Queue in the project as well. 

If you don't have an Approvers field, you can add it as a custom field.   :-)

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 24, 2021

Thanks @John Funk  for the assistance :)

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer