one of the options is to set an automatic default assignee for the project -> that means when an issue is created in that project it automatically assigns to that user.
You can set it up when you:
- Go to the project -> Open project settings
- then in Project settings/Details, there is this config:
- and you can select to automatically assign to project lead
Another option can be to use Components, then you can assign created issues automatically to component lead. More info here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/organizing-work-with-components-764478279.html
There is also a similar discussion: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/automatically-assign-a-new-issue-to-me/qaq-p/741971
There is another option to assign every issue to a specific user from Workflows:
1. Go to Jira settings -> Issues -> Workflows
- there you need to find a workflow for "Create issue" (can be active or inactive)
- click on edit
2. Create a new transition that goes from open to open status and then click on Post functions option in the menu.
3. Then you edit "The Assignee of the issue will be set to..." transition:
4. And you'll get this setup form where you can set to which user you want to assign
Then save and make sure you make this workflow public to apply.
Let me know if this works it seemed to be quite complicated 🤯
I tried a post-function already, not that one, but one which says "assigne the current user" which is what I need.
However, it doesn't work :( It works when i set a post-function in that same transaction to insert a description, but the one that I want, is not working
Anyway, I learned a lot and discovered other tools, thank you!!
For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events