Hide summary field but populate with other field value

Rob B
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2022

Ive used a behaviour to hide summary and set the summary value using JWME Set Field Value Post-function, but it still wont let me create an issues.....

Error

There are fields that are required or in an error state, but the administrator has hidden them or made them readonly using a behaviour.

summary: You must specify a summary of the issue.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2022

Hi @Rob B ,

unfortunately, JWME Set Field Value works after issue creation and, as you know, no issues can be created without summary.

As workaround I suggest to set a default value to summary through your behaviour in the creation screen. After creation your JWME Set Field Value will change Summary.

Another approach is to transfer summary management logic from the JWME post function on your behaviour.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Rob B
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2022

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. How do i set a value in the current behaviour?

Rob B
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2022

@Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ 

Ive done it! Thats worked perfect! Thank you

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2022

you're welcome @Rob B ;)

Jonathan Smith February 27, 2023

@Rob B Details on your resolution please ;) I am looking to do the same thing.

Suggest an answer