Have a question about the version of CGI that is currently used for server implementation

Mia Paulin May 10, 2023

@mention Good morning all!  I have a question.  I'm building a server app from the bottom up.  The CGI specification that supports PHP up to version 8 in 1.1, but it only supports http, not https.  Do I need to use the one that supports the https protocal(version 1.2 specification).

1 answer

0 votes
David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2023

Hello @Mia Paulin 

What type of 'app' for Jira Server are you building?

What language are you building it in?

What framework / SDK are you utilising?

How does your app call PHP connections over HTTPS?

What 'CGI' specifications are you referring to?

Mia Paulin May 10, 2023

@David Bakkers  Im using phone and I’m still looking at the xml/php integration framework im using. The specification I saw so far in the php language specification is CGI 1.1. Im still doing research because I’ve never built a server from scratch 

David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2023

@Mia Paulin 

You didn't answer any of the questions I asked.

Here are some more...

What specific xml/php integration 'framework' are you referring to? Can you please provide a link to its documentation.

Please explain how you will use this 'framework' to create a Jira Server 'app'.

Please explain what the Common Gateway Interface of PHP has to do with Jira Core Server or your 'app' and how you will be using it.

Mia Paulin May 10, 2023

@David Bakkers @I’m still researching the versions. I saw code ignite and laravel(misspelled) and a few others. The CGI version is 1.1. It’s what im using for my connector app. Im still doing research on it. Im basically creating a server 

Mia Paulin May 10, 2023

@David Bakkers @For my own personal use 

David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 10, 2023

@Mia Paulin 

I like the way you never answer a question directly, but just make more random statements about something similar, change the topic and drop new random 'programmy' words into the sentences, like you did on the Trello Admins group.

Given the history of all the posts you've made over the past few months across every imaginable topic and community group, it seems you're building something using everything that will run everywhere to somehow achieve something or other.... and just as soon as you're finished asking just one more question as part of your 'research', all this will become clear.

Well, I think I've seen enough now. Good luck with whatever it is you're doing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events