Get issues with links to other projects (Cross project dependencies)

Fredrik Janson November 3, 2020

I am looking for a way to get a dependency board (probably in portfolio) up and running.

The filter I want to use should sort out only Cross project dependencies.

Something like "All issues with link type "blocks" OR "is blocked by" AND linked issue is in another project"

No problem in getting all linked issues with certain link types. The problem is I only want issues with cross project links to show.

(Reason being we have a One Scrum Team = One Jira Project setup)

5 answers

0 votes
Sara Shullaw August 30, 2023

The first method I posted did not work when multiple blockers or issues were linked. This one covers all cases I think and is simler:

CrossDependencyAutomationScreenshot2.PNG

0 votes
Sara Shullaw August 21, 2023

I was able to do this without an app buy using jira automation to label all cross project dependencies and then I created a filter off that label:

CrossDependencyAutomationScreenshot.PNG

0 votes
Jair Segura Júnior May 3, 2023

@Fredrik Janson 

How are you?

Do you have success on your doubt? ("I would like to have from ALL projects to ALL")

Could you share with us? 

Regards,

Jair

0 votes
final_openshift Certi November 4, 2020

Hi Fredrik,

You can achieve this by using   JQL Search Extension plugin , you can use the query linkedByIssueProject = JQL and linkType = "is blocked by" please refer to the documents it contains examples and other necessary information related to the usage of plugin

Fredrik Janson November 4, 2020

Hi, Thanks!

I was hoping to find a way to do it without another plugin but I guess it might not be possible. I will try it out if I can get them to accept a new plugin :)

Regards

Fredrik

0 votes
Mone Dileep Kumar November 3, 2020

Hi @Fredrik Janson ,

Hope this JQL might for you, this JQL will only work if you have a script runner add-on installed in your instance. Kindly check this:

issueLinkType in (blocks, "is blocked by") and issuekey in hasLinkToProject("project names")

Cheers

Mone Dileep Kumar

Fredrik Janson November 3, 2020

Hi thanks,

What I am after is a board showing all issues from all projects with a "blocks" or is "blocked by" link towards another project. Your example needs to be set for each project, right? 

Regards

Fredrik

Mone Dileep Kumar November 3, 2020

Hi @Fredrik Janson ,

Yes, as of now that is related to one project, if you are looking for all projects then you may need to mention all project names separated by comma (,) in the  hasLinkToProject place. For example:

issueLinkType in (blocks, "is blocked by") and issuekey in hasLinkToProject("x", "y", "z")

Here x,y,z are the project keys.

Cheers

Mone Dileep Kumar

Fredrik Janson November 4, 2020

Well yes but I would like to have from ALL projects to ALL projects (except between their own). Sorry if my original post was to fuzzy. 

Ex. let use projects A, B & C

If I have links between issues in the projects like:

A->A
A->B
B->C
C->A
C->C

I would like to show:

A->B
B->C
C->A

and exclude:

A->A
C->C

Regards
Fredrik

Dhruvin Patel September 14, 2022

@Mone Dileep Kumar

I have script runner installed in my instance but hasLinkToProject("project names") is not working for me.

I think it is not related to script runner plug in, Could you please check again and let me know?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events