Get all available value for a "Label" custom field

Melanie Geffre December 21, 2020

Hi,

I want to get all available values for a "label" custom field, but I can not find any endpoint in the rest API which provide what I want, the only thing I found is the endpoint for the system field.

Do you have any idea of how I can do this ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2020

Hi @Melanie Geffre,

It all depends what you want to do with the information. If it's just a matter of finding out what values are currently in the system, just add a JQL filter to Jira like this (let's assume the custom field is called Labelfield):

Labelfield is not empty 

Save the filter and add a gadget to a dashboard that groups the search results by Labelfield. With a two dimensional statistics gadget, you can group by both Labelfield and Project, so you even know where they are used.

That should give you a clear view of labels used and potentially even help you clean up.

Hi @Walter Buggenhout ,

Thanks for your answer, but I think I haven't been precise enough, I'm developping an app and I need to get the values from the rest API.

I didn't find it in the rest API documentation, but from experience I can say the documentation is not really complete, so I was wondering if there was a way to do so that was not documented.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2020

Hi @Melanie Geffre,

I already had a feeling that you were on such a track. I'm not an API expert, but could this old post get you going? Or this more recent one based on the same principle?

Hi @Walter Buggenhout ,

Yes those posts helped me a lot, I did not find them in my previous researches, seems like I did not search enough.

Thanks !

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events