Export Project and retain kanban columns

Samuel Westen June 6, 2019

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently in the process of exporting a bunch of next gen projects from one Jira instance to a corresponding classic project in another Jira instance. I'm doing this by CSV export and then import. I want to know how I can retain the issues within their respective columns. Currently once I've imported the CSV all the issues are being clumped under the backlog column when originally they're mapped over a bunch of custom column names.

Thank you,

Sam

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2019

Hello Samuel,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I believe the column names you are talking about is the statuses of the issues in the next-gen projects as highlighted in the image below, is it correct?

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 20.46.56.png

If I understood it correctly, you can follow the steps below to properly map your Next-gen statuses under the columns of the Classic board:

- Navigate to the classic board where your issues are being imported to > Click in the three dots Icon > Board settings:

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 20.50.19.png

- In the Column tab, map the next-gen statuses you imported from the unmapped/backlog column in their respective board columns:

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 20.51.22.png

Let me know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer