Email notification on change of Custom fields in local jira instance

Tom Hofer October 31, 2021

I want an email sent when some of my custom fields are being checked.

we have questions, issues and other issues but we also offer our users to check "VIP Customer" i.e. and when someone from supports checks this custom field I would like to be able to use a specific notification scheme. What do i need to do to achieve this?

Ideally anytime the issue what has this or other customer fields checked changes it status to resolved i also want the same notification. 

PS: I tried the notification schema and work flow but it doesn't seem to work and we are running jira locally

2 answers

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2021

Hey Tom,

We support customized notifications in Notification Assistant for Jira. Use a Field Changed trigger when you set up a Notification.

Thanks,
Boris

0 votes
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2021

Hi Tom,

So there is no native way in server to do this. You can do it for all fields but enabling the Edit Issue notification for the issue scheme. If this is what you did then your email or the users emails may be filtering (whether they did it or the system did it) due to volume.

Otherwise you can do this via Automation for Jira, but the downside of that is that emails can be sent to any email address with Automation for Jira so your security team may not allow it as any project admin could edit this, thus they could add personal emails and it;s a security risk to the instance.

Alternatively there are some apps that allow for integrations with Slack etc that you could potentially use.

Best,
Clark

Suggest an answer