Date picker selector not popping up

KyleJ June 30, 2020

Hi Everyone,

One of my users is attempting to create an epic anonymously. We have setup everything to allow for this and in the past she was able to create the epics just fine.

However now when she tries the date picket field is not working, when she clicks on the calendar icon it does not popup with a selector or any kind, it does nothing.

I have cleared her browser cache which is normally the problem but that didnt work either. I have also tried Google chrome, edge and internet explorer and all three browsers dont work.

What can i try to resolve this? When i attempt to do it, it works fine but its only this one user.

Regards,

Kyle

1 answer

0 votes
Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2020

is it reproducible after a restart? what do you mean by anonymously.

which browseraer you using? Try chrome... if already on chrome... delete the user profile (in %APPDATA%) and reset the browser and retry or open a guest window and check if it workd in the guest window.

KyleJ June 30, 2020

When you say a restart what exactly do you mean?

The users profile is on active directory and not so simple to just delete. 

The user is using Google Chrome browser but has tried others as well and none of them are working. It seems to be something very specific to this user as no other user is having this problem.

Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2020

I meant restarting the system. Is the issue reproducible on other machines.

KyleJ June 30, 2020

We wouldnt be able to restart the system for just a single user and no on other machine it is not reproducing the same result and thats why its probably something with how the users machine is setting. maybe its blocking a particular service or popups or something like that but i am not sure and so wanted to see if anyone has had this problem before and has a solution.

Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 30, 2020

The browser profile has likely been corrupted for this user (). Try the resolutions suggested in my previous comments. And just to reiterate I meant restarting the client system and testing the same user on another client machine to isolate the cause of the issue. The issue is not on the server side, stop thinking about the server, don't do nothing to the server :)

KyleJ July 1, 2020

My apologies i was unsure what you were referring to there. I have now done as you have asked and it is still has the exact same issue even after deleting the user profile in appdata and restarting the browser.

Is there any other suggestion that you can think of?

Suggest an answer