Creating new sprint, gives me automatically closed sprint number

Nisan Lati January 14, 2019

I have a problem when trying to create a new sprint in Jira...

Currently we are in sprint 33 , when clicking on “create sprint” I got sprint 25 and not sprint 34.

Any Idea why ? I deleted sprint 25 and tries again and got sprint 25 again

Must say that sprint 25 was completed on Jun,,,and sprints 25-32 already completed as well

thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2019

Hello,

I think the problem is with the JQL filter, which is defined for your board (board settings -> general). Try to restrict this jql filter as much as possible (for example, if there are issues for a single project, add project = your project to your filter) and have a look how it works.

Nisan Lati January 15, 2019

This filter involves several projects.

Additionally - there are two different boards that contain same group of issues,

in one of them i can open sprint 34 and in the second one it open 25...

till previous sprint i could open in both the right-in-order sprint number.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2019

I think that is the jql query problem. The only way is to restrict your JQL somehow

Nisan Lati January 15, 2019

we use general filters there

first board : project = "XXX" ORDER BY Rank ASC

second board: "Target project name" ~ CP-42 AND project = "XXX" ORDER BY Rank ASC

again, 2 weeks ago it worked and nothing have been changed since...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events