Create on transition - Bobswift newby question

David Cook July 28, 2021

New Jira admin here, I am trying to track how some existing tickets create new tickets.  I can follow the bread crumbs up to the point where I find a post function referencing what appears to be a variable.  

Did some research this appears to be an application add-on for our Jira called 'Create on transition' by Bob Swift. 

I don't see how that variable or tag(Create multiple issues: %Client Services Termination Tasks%) or whatever is being called, bobswift documention mentions how to create one (https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CSOT/pages/454787190/Create+multiple+issues+-+7.x)

however it's not clear to me how the variable is translating into 7 sub-tasks created.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Reshma Begum _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2021

Hi @David Cook ,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Can you please check and let us know if the custom fields named Client Services Termination Tasks, Backoffice Termination Tasks are multi-value fields? If yes, then do they have 4 values each for an issue? If that is the case, then each value will create a subtask according to your post function configuration.

It would be great if you can share the issue view screen of the issue where both the fields are displayed with values in it.

We have created a support ticket in our portal on your behalf and marked you as reporter. Please access it here https://bobswift.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/SUPPORT-7544 and continue to follow that ticket for further updates on the progress.

We hope this helps!

Thanks,

Reshma

David Cook July 29, 2021

Hi Reshma,

It is a custom multi value field - I think I understand now. I thought it might be pulling data from screens but I didn't dig down to the create screen. Once i got there I saw the field. Went to custom fields and saw it all came together for me. Thanks!

0 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2021

Hi @David Cook ,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

These 7 sub-tasks - which summary and assignee do they have?

Please, can you share the screenshots from the configuration of post-function?

Suggest an answer