Can you add a saved filter to your dashboard?

Jessica Mahoney August 15, 2018

I have a saved filter that I would like to add to my dashboard is this possible?

3 answers

5 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2018

Not directly.  A saved filter is nothing more than a saved query that runs when you put it through something that requests it.  On the filter itself, there isn't anything to "add to a dashboard".

But there are loads of gadgets for reporting on filters.  Have a run through the gadgets - a lot of them ask for a project or filter to display.  One you might mean here is "filter results" which will list the first 50 issues on any filter you give it.

andrewp_thenorth_com October 14, 2022

Thank you for this.  I found it in a search and it was exactly what I was looking for.

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
4 votes
Payne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2018

Sure, assuming it is a dashboard that you have permission to modify. Click "Add Gadget" while on the dashboard, click "Load all gadgets" if you see the "More gadgets available" info box, click "Add gadget" for "Filter Results", and then choose your filter and customize.

-Payne

0 votes
Jessica Mahoney August 15, 2018

Thank you both! I saved my filter as a favorite and used the "favorites filter" gadget so at least there is a quick link to it. I was really wishing I could see the list of mention me filter I made in the dashboard.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2018

The first handful of results for your filter can be shown by "filter results"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events