Can users get DM from Jira/Slack integration when a comment is left in a ticket?

Kevin Ng August 9, 2019

I'd like to avoid the Slack channel from being overwhelmed with notifications.  It makes the channel less collaborative and a bit cumbersome.  I was wondering if when a user is mentioned directly in a Jira ticket if they can receive the notification directly instead of being in the main channel? 

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2019

Hello Kevin,

Personal notification is something our developers are still working to get implemented in the official JIRA and Slack integration app, so it is not possible at this moment to send mention notifications only for the mentioned user. We have the following feature request opened to implement it:

Personal Jira Notifications in Slack

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

For now, we can only recommend you to use any other third-party apps that can achieve the functionality you want or try the following steps, although they do not fully apply for your requirements:

1 - use JQL queries to define in the comment which mentions should be notified, like:

comment ~ "Petter Gonçalves"

2 - Then send these notifications to a dedicated channel for mentions

Let me know if you still have any questions

Suggest an answer