Can I move from Jira Server to Data center with expired licenses?

Aya AlJboor January 27, 2021

Can I move from Jira Server to Data center with expired licenses?

If I have an expired licenses for jira products and want to upgrade from server into data center, is it required to renew the existing licenses? or I can purchase the data center new license and upgrade without renewing the expired server licenses?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

No.

Data Center requires a new licence, a Server licence (expired or not) will not allow you to run a server as a DC node.

You will need to buy a new DC licence (you can ignore the expired server licences, they won't stop you migrating to DC.  In fact, one migration route is to convert your existing server to a DC node and part of doing that is to replace the server licence with a DC licence)

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

In this case, Will I lose Atlassian promoted upgrade discount?!

0 votes
Answer accepted
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2021

Hi @Aya AlJboor ,

Are you going to use DC with cluster or single node ?

1. If  single node , you can purchase a new license and update your new license in jira license portal.

2. For cluster also same , but you need more setup related things .

Thanks 

Thanks @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH

I will be using single node. so purchasing DC licenses is enough, right?

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2021

Yes , you can purchase DC license and update in portal. 

Like Aya AlJboor likes this

@KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH 

In this case, Will I lose Atlassian promoted upgrade discount?

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2021

@Aya AlJboor 

I'm sorry. I don't have much idea about these things friend.

Ok, really Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

I would contact billing and licencing about that, from https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/ 

You would have the upgrade discount if your server licences were still maintained, but I do not know about expired.

Like Aya AlJboor likes this
Aya AlJboor January 30, 2021

You are right @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

I have contacted Atlassian in this regard and they confirmed that if the product license is expired, I will lose the discount moreover the datacenter upgrade prices will be increased after 2nd of Feb 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events