Can I insert a graph in exported Excel reports?

Millia Winters November 26, 2020

Hey,

I wanted to figure out if there was a way to get the exported excel report to automatically generate a graph based on 2 columns in the report. If that isn’t possible, could we at least get one of the graphs that Jira will automatically show you when you generate a report into an exported excel report?

Thank you for the help,
Millia

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2020

Millia,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.  There are no graphs in the Excel reports.  You would need an app like easyBI to get that on an export.  You can easily create them yourself.  https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/how-to-build-excel-graph 

0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 17, 2021

@Millia Winters 

Automatically creating data-rich Excel reports with charts became possible with a recent release of Better Excel Exporter for Jira Cloud!

You can take your Jira Cloud issues and create different types of native Excel reports with a click using one of the Excel report templates covering many use cases.

jira-cloud-issue-navigator-better-excel-exporter-menu.png

Browse sample Excel exports and see what you can achieve with Better Excel Exporter!

jira-created-vs-resolved-pivot-chart.png

(Please note that Better Excel Exporter is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

0 votes
Sir Mārtiņš Vanags
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2020

Hi Millia,

You can create charts with eazyBI and then export them.

See few training episodes on how to create reports with eazyBI:

https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/learn-more/training-videos

Martins / eazyBI support

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events