Can I force a template in slack when users create bugs from slack

Dustin Boehlke September 14, 2019

I have slack integrated with Jira, currently, any user on slack can type "issue" and then give a description of whats going on, once they hit send it automatically creates a ticket. 
What I would like to do is have the bot respond with fields that they are required to fill out. 
Is there any way to do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2019

Hello Dustin,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I believe you are using the Official Slack integration plugin to integrate your JIRA instance with Slack. Is it correct?

I agree with you that the ability to set required fields when creating issues through Slack is definitely something useful to be implemented.

Unfortunately, it can not be achieved using the current Official integration, however, we have a feature request to get it implemented:

Ability to set required field via Slack integration

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

As a possible workaround, you can try a different third-party app that provides you with this functionality, like Stratejos:

NEW IN STRATEJOS: UPDATE REQUIRED FIELDS IN JIRA DIRECTLY FROM SLACK

Let me know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer