Allow users to create issues only of a given issue type and security level

Kyle Hardin January 14, 2020

Is there a way to provide "create issue" permissions to a set of users only for a given issue type and security level?  For example, I have an inventory project and would like to allow users to create new entries in the inventory; however, they should only be able to create issues of the type "Software/Services" and of the security level that corresponds to their department. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2020

@Kyle Hardin ,

The security level is mainly to let you and your team control who can see particular issues after they are created.

You may able to restrict users to create tickets based on issue types using a 3rd party add-on in Jira server. Please refer to below KB article.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-restrict-issue-creation-for-a-particular-issue-type-based-on-roles-in-jira-server-960701303.html

Kyle Hardin January 14, 2020

Thank you Veera.  Even though Jira lacks the feature I'm looking for in this case, I do appreciate the firm and straightforward answer to my question because it allows me to re-address my workflow instead of running in circles.  I appreciate your time and assistance and hope you have a great day! 

Like Veera likes this
Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2020

Thanks @Kyle Hardin . You too have a great day ahead!

Glad I was able to help you with it. If you are satisfied with the answer, please accept the answer. 

Suggest an answer