Add some Jira Software functions to a Jira Core project

Marius Mettler October 20, 2020

Hello to all

After a fair amount of googling i couldn't find the answer so I hope someone can help me here.

I started in the company to use Jira Core because of its simplicity. Now after the first weeks we miss certain functionalities of Jira Software. (Permissions, Different Kanban boards, Customizable Cards etc.) 

We already got the software licenses for our employyes. As i prefer the simplicity of core my main question is. Can i just add some of the software functionality without the fullblown and more complicated Jira Software environment?

Somewhere I read something about that it's possible to add them via addons but wasn't able to find them.

Thanks for your Feedback

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2020

Hello @Marius Mettler,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When a site has Jira Software it's possible to create boards for Business and Service Desk projects.

With this said, you can create a Kanban board based on a Business project and link it to your profile.

Click on the Seach bar > Boards.

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 15.43.51.png

On this page, you will be able to create a new board.

Select if you want a Scrum or Kanban and then select "Board from an existing project" or you can also create based on a filter that contains Business tickets.

Add a name to your board, select the project or filter and on location, select your profile. 

After that, you will have the Software board functionalities like customizing cards.

Please, take your time to test and if you have any other questions, let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events