Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation DevOps inactive afer integration with selfhosted GitLab

Mateusz Janus June 2, 2021

Hello Jira friends,

issue like below. 

1. I configure DVCS connector with my selfhosted gitlab instance and it works

2. I see on the jira ticket the development panel with MR and commits details

3. I would like to use now the DevOps auto rules to syncs the statuses between GitLab triggers and jira tickets but DevOps triggers are "Inactive". Anyone knows WHY?

I am JIRA CLOUD PREMIUM and GitLab selfhosted. I really already have red the whole internet trying to find the solution here and nothing...:(

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sherry Goyal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2021

Hello @Mateusz Janus 

We don't support DVCS for devops automations.

Jira DVCS connector can sync information between self-hosted Gitlab instance and Jira cloud(like you have already achieved) but doesn't work with devops triggers.

This is the doc that talks about various ways to configure development tools for devops triggers but nothing about self-hosted instances. Not sure what will work here.

Thanks
Sherry

Mateusz Janus June 4, 2021

Thanks for response. So it means that if I am JIRA cloud vs GitLab selfhosted I cannot use Automation DevOps triggers. Thats pity. . . :(

There is another "old school" method using Workflow triggers but there is an alert about "deprectiation soon" whatever it means. Does it mean the SOMEDAY that triggers stop working and there will be no method at all for my situation....?

workflow.jpg

Sherry Goyal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2021

Looks like this question is asked before in community and folks checked with support, they said they will visit the decision but no fixed deadline yet.

Ref: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/When-are-the-workflow-triggers-for-branches-going-to-deprecate/qaq-p/1611693

Like Mateusz Janus likes this
Mateusz Janus June 7, 2021

@Sherry Goyal thanks for that hint. The final results for me now is to start using he WORKFLOW triggers and hope hey gonna work as long as possible :). When hat W-triggers will be banned then I will back to my issue again... life is life

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events