number of open tickets on a date in the past?

Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2014

Is there a way to search for how many tickets were in unresolved state (basically open) on a certain date in the past?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2014

status was in( "In Progress","Open") during("start Date","end Date")

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching#AdvancedSearching-WASIN

Lots of examples on that page, and lots of questions alreayd answered in these forums.

Susann Petzold September 19, 2023

this is not working anymore - I closed a ticket today, wich was in progress last week, and it is no longer shown in my filter. 

1 vote
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2017

Use the WAS operator.

For example:

resolution WAS unresolved DURING ("2010/01/01","2011/01/01")

Or

status WAS Open DURING ("2010/01/01","2011/01/01")
1 vote
Gavin Watson May 5, 2017

Sorry, I know this is old, but I'm also interested in this. Is there a way to do this?

I'm basically looking for a graph to show how many open tickets there have been across days/weeks.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer