how can take backup of jira single ticket and restore it to other jira instance

gaurav-kumar August 22, 2017

i have restore single jira ticket 

2 answers

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2017

I suggest going forward to not allow deleting issues.  It will happen again. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2017

Always disallow delete.  It's something that a user really needs to justify in full before they do it.  Every time.

gaurav-kumar August 22, 2017

currect @Joe Pitt 

suppose a scenario in which  a project contains hundredes of issues for that case what should have to do @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-?

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2017

I would move them to another project named 'projectname'-deleted.  When you move them they can still be searched for by the old name if someone wants to. Hardly a week passes that someone isn't looking to restore a deleted issue. 

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2017

Take an xml backup of the whole system, load it into a dev JIRA, delete all the issues from the project except the one you want to import, then export it all again, and use "project import" to pull in that single-issue project from the exported xml.

Suggest an answer