Why are test details not being cloned?

James Falconi September 10, 2015

When I clone a test in Zephyr for Jira, the test details (steps) are not being cloned. Why is this happening?

4 answers

0 votes

Here's the other one:

Cloning A Test Case Does Not Clone Its Steps In Zephyr For JIRA Cloud

Created on July 10, 2015 14:12

Problem

You've cloned a test case in Zephyr for JIRA Cloud but are finding that the test steps were not cloned and your new test case is test step-less.

Cause

This is likely caused by one of two things:

1. Your Zephyr for JIRA Cloud license has expired or is otherwise invalid.

2. A module within the Atlassian Webhooks plugin has failed and thus as prevented the Webhooks add-on from starting. 

Resolution

For the first cause, please make sure your license is up to date and you are not behind on paying for your Atlassian Cloud and Zephyr for JIRA Cloud subscriptions.

If everything is taken care of in the licensing area, proceed to determining if your Atlassian Cloud instance has a fully functioning Webhooks plugin.

By browsing to your Administration Panel, under Add-ons, you should find a Webhooks entry in the left menu towards the bottom of the page. If you do not, this is likely why the cloning process is not completing.

At this point you're welcome to open a support case with us and we can work with you and Atlassian to restore this functionality to your Atlassian Cloud instance. We understand what's taking place behind the scenes and will be able to get an expedited resolution and have you back in business. 

0 votes

We figured it out in the middle of submitting a case. This was one of the answers we found. Thanks for following up.

Test Steps Are Not Cloned In Zephyr For JIRA Cloud

Created on August 04, 2015 06:44

Problem

Test case created by cloning an existing test case with test steps does not have the test steps.

Cause

Clone Link Type 'Cloners' does not exist or has incorrect values.

Resolution

Ensure Clone Link Type 'Cloners' exists and has the proper value.

Link type can be viewed by adding secure/admin/ViewLinkTypes!default.jspa at the end of the jira host name like below

http://localhost:8080/secure/admin/ViewLinkTypes!default.jspa

It should have the below values.

Name                     : Cloners
Outward Description  : clones
Inward Description    : is cloned by

There is a add button to create a new Link type. Please create one if you do not have one by default or use the edit button to set the proper values as mentioned above. This should resolve the issue.

0 votes
Brian Ross September 10, 2015

I went into one of my tests and cloned it, my test steps and expected results came across to the cloned TC.

Just wondering, are you administrators in your JIRA project?  If not, ask one of the admins to clone a TC and see if the steps come across.  If they can do it, then ask become an admin or have you admin to do the cloning.

0 votes
Isaac "Link" Linkletter, A-CSM September 10, 2015

This has been a question for our team as well.

Suggest an answer