Portfolio removes stories which are set to "green"/done.

Envitia April 19, 2017

Hi,

Currently I have a portfolio consisting of 3 projects. All the issues get imported correctly, and the status column shows everything correctly until it hits a green status in our workflow (also known as Done).

Any status with TO DO, or IN PROGRESS works fine, but when we complete a story, it gets removed from the portfolio list.

Like the following user, i would expect this to stay on the list for the portfolio release, so I can quickly see what's done, and for the progress bar to be 100%: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-questions/portfolio-done-issues-disappear-in-scope-pane/qaq-p/296527

Another user here is suggesting that a lot of conditions must be met in order for these to not disappear, which seems extremely counter intuitive, considering they're in the list to begin with: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-Core-questions/Portfolio-not-showing-issues/qaq-p/355147

Any thoughts please?

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2017

Hi,

As Portfolio focuses on planning ahead (and thus remaining work), its scope filter by default excludes completed issues from the view. This is something you can fix by setting the status filter to Open and Completed issues.

For a bit more background, see scope filters documentation.

Alfonso Balsera April 18, 2019

For me, it was setting the board rather than the project under the "Team" page. Then go back to "Scope" page and click more and select 'Status (Open and Completed Issues)'. I thought that changing the status of Done to Completed would do the trick. But actually both will be considered in Portfolio. Just make sure the board is selected not the project. Note: Don't forget to commit your changes in Portfolio. A change from Project to Board in Teams required committing. 

Suggest an answer