In JIRA Calendar, is it possible to configure to start a week from Monday, not from Sunday?

Didac Herrera June 29, 2012

In JIRA Calendar, is it possible to configure to start a week from Monday, not from Sunday?

4 answers

7 votes
Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2013

There an option named Use ISO8601 standard in Date Picker in JIRA Administration > System > Look and Feel. Check the option and it will make Monday as the first day for date picker.

fnkr July 20, 2014

This is not working for me :(

Like # people like this
Raihan Mirza April 20, 2020

it works, i just tried it. 

James Parnell July 5, 2020

I changed this setting and it had no impact in the next-gen project

Like # people like this
Deleted user October 10, 2020

This setting "Use ISO8601 standard in Date Picker" seems to have no effect:

Screenshot_2020-10-10 Edit Look and Feel Configuration - Jira.pngScreenshot_2020-10-10 Releases - Jira.png

Like Santiago Botto likes this
Daniel February 20, 2021

Same problem here, no matter the ISO setting, calendar will start on Sunday.

It's quite annoying, my staff keeps scheduling tasks by mistake on Sunday, I would really appractiate a fix for this

1 vote
James Stewart April 23, 2021

Still an issue

1 vote
Cătălin, Negraru July 17, 2020

Go to

1. Administration > System > User Interface > Look and Feel
  2. Scroll down to the "Date/Time Formats" section
  3. Look for Use ISO8601 standard in Date Picker and select the checkbox
  4. Update the field value

Turning it on will cause Monday to be the first day of week in the Date Picker, as specified by the ISO8601 standard

Maciej Sroka October 17, 2020

This doesn't work:

Screenshot 2020-10-17 at 13.51.02.pngScreenshot 2020-10-17 at 13.51.23.pngScreenshot 2020-10-17 at 13.52.34.png

Eduardo Gonzalez December 17, 2020

for me is also not working. Any solution here?

Like # people like this
o.loktionov February 2, 2021

not working for us as well. please fix. thank you

Like # people like this
Thomas Albrecht February 22, 2021

Still does not work on Jira Cloud.

Like # people like this
Santiago Botto April 6, 2021

Still not working. Any reason that this could not be taken into account? Maybe something else is overriding it...

Elias Schwendimann May 20, 2021

no impact for us too

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2012

I believe Jira attempts to follow the locale, but I could not find verification of that.

I did find this support ticket that discusses how to change the calendar to a Monday start date. I suggest you test out on a test environment since the directions are not straight forward.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-9048?focusedCommentId=218999&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel

Suggest an answer