How to clear all votes of a ticket as project administrator?

Olivier Crozier March 23, 2014

We would like to reset all votes of a ticket. How can we do that?

Let's say we have a ticket for which some people did vote. After analysis we suggest a more precise resolution solution and would like the people to give their voice about it.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2014

That's impossible right now but you can try to do it at database level and restart jira.

Usually votes on an issue are more like "i am interested in solving this issue", not as votes regarding a specific approach.

That's also why Atlassian decided not to implement downvotes (which I would also like).

Olivier Crozier March 24, 2014

OK thanks you for this answer.

Do you have a reference where to read the Atlassian decision not to implement downvotes?

I'm not very keen on patching and shutting the database down for such a minor functionality. We'll probably use an alternative solution such as the voting macro in Confluence even if this looks like a cannon to kill a fly.

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2014

We are doing the same, using Confluence when we need to implement polls. Trying to use JIRA as a decision platform will only give you more head aches.

Sorry, I do not have a link, but I remember about some comments, discussions. Also I do rememeber about the same kind of discussions on other bug trackers and that's why most of them do not implement downvotes.

Olivier Crozier March 24, 2014

OK thanks you. That perfectly answers my question.

Suggest an answer