First and Last names were dropped and replaced with user name and cannot change back

Jason Faries May 25, 2017

Over the weekend of 5/19-5/21 we had two users whose Full Name was changed to their user name and now cannot be switched back.  Not sure why this only happened to two people but we are not able to resolve it.  We are using Jira Cloud.

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2017

Hi Jason,

There was a change to Cloud over the weekend and when a user logs in they get the following:

Login-PrivacySettings.png

If they chose Only show my username this is the behavior you will see and you as an administrator cannot go in and change this.  The end user will need to go in and change this for you to see their Full Name. 

Cheers,

Branden

Aylin Kohls
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2017

Hi Branden.

Thanks for the answer, but I've a new question, how can the user change back to "Show full name"?

I couldn't find that option in Atlassian account nor user profile.

Thanks again!!

Jordan M. Pflum July 25, 2017

Hi, any update to this?  We also need to know how a user can change that display option after they have made an initial selection.  We can't find a route in User Profile to switch anywhere? 

Suggest an answer