Comment field create issue - screen transition

Sir Be April 15, 2014

A) I want to have the comment field avaible when an user creates an issue.

All important info should be entered in the issue description, but the user can still supply some extra info in the comment field.

B) Also i want the comment field to show in a screen when an user does a transition.

When i look at my field configuration:

Comment
[Wiki Style Renderer]
This field can not be placed on screens by users.

Is it possible to do A and/or B in 1 move (so create and comment at same time, not create then add a comment or do transition then add comment)?

Working in JIRA 4.2 .
Thank you in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2014

Hi Bert,

A) A workaroud is to create a custom field ("Extra Info"), add it on creation screen and implement a post function that will move this Extra Info to a comment

B) in order to have comment in each transition, you need just to create an empty screen and associate it in each workflow transition.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Sir Be April 15, 2014

A) Ok, I already know how I will do it.

B) Damn, it's just that easy ...

Was looking way to far.

Thanks for the quick answer !

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2014

You're welcome Bert. Have you a good job :)

Jonathan Reyes June 17, 2015

May I ask how what type of post function you chose?

Jonathan Reyes June 17, 2015

Did you have to use a plugin to move Extra Info to a comment?

MSDE July 26, 2017

Can I ask what the destination field is when you copy the "Extra Info" to the standard comment field?

Lillian Shibata-Salley September 26, 2017

Ok but gone to adding parameters and the source field is ok but destination field doesn't contain "Comment" field? Am I looking at the wrong place?

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 27, 2017

Gents,

you should use the following PostFunction "Copy Value From Other Field" provided by JSU Jira Suite Utilities.

At that time this plugin was free :)

Suggest an answer