Bulk changes in (Scrum) Rapid Board

Prem Mariappan April 26, 2012

Hi,

Is there a way of doing bulk changes in the Rapid Board (Plan mode)? Or is the only way to do it to use the Agile->Planning Board?

Thanks.

Prem.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2012

Hi Prem,

No, there isn't currently a way to make bulk changes from the Plan Mode of the Rapid Board. You can just use the 'Issues' search and enter JQL like 'filter = <x>' where x is the filter you have used for your Rapid Board. That will bring up all of the issues then you can bulk change them.

For issues that are currently in a Sprint, you can access the Sprint Retrospective Report (from the Report Mode) then click 'View in Issue Navigator'. From there you can bulk edit.

Thanks,
Shaun

Prem Mariappan April 28, 2012

Thanks Shaun.

Anthony Newnam May 1, 2012

Is there support for this planned in the future?

This is an item that is significantly easier to do in MS Project, so the PMs where I work are still using Project to perform this action (for bulk assignment).

sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2012

Sure, we plan on doing something nicer here in the future, but JIRA also plans on making this an easier experience.

Cheers,
Shaun

Prem Chudzinski _extensi_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 27, 2016

There is now - look at my comment below

1 vote
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 8, 2016
0 votes
Julia Lavaroni October 12, 2016

Thank you for this video.  I am searching for this view in my instance but cannot find it.  I use both Kanban and Scrum boards, but Scrum Boards are far more likely for my teams than Kanban boards.  I don't see the functional buttons on either board in my instance.  We are running v6.4.13 on a hosted instance.  We have no imminent plans to upgrade because of performance issues, so I am hoping you aren't going to say that this is only available on a newer version!

thanks!

julia

Marketplace Partner
October 27, 2016

Hi @Julia Lavaroni,

Sorry for the delay. It is an extension for JIRA and its compatible with JIRA v6.4.13

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/io.extensi.jira.plugin.agileboardfilter/server/overview

You'll have to request its installation with your JIRA administrator.

In case of any other questions please drop me an email on pch@extensi.io

Best Regards

Prem

Suggest an answer