Bitbucket cloud integration with Jira server doesn't work

Sebastien Vandamme August 8, 2017

Hi,

I'm in the process to link Bitbucket cloud with a Jira server, but it doesn't work.

I have an existing Jira server hosted locally in my company. We want to link it with Bitbucket cloud to be able to see issue created in Bitbucket in our Jira (in a specific project) and to see issue created in a specific Jira project in Bitbucket.

My question is, is it possible, and if yes, how ?

I currently followed this process : https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/connect-bitbucket-cloud-to-jira-server-applications-814208991.html?_ga=2.57793577.221567359.1502182314-813611531.1497970466

The only results are that :

1. When I click on Jira's top left hamburger, I see the Bitbucket project in the list and I can follow the link.
  2. In my jira issues, a new link, create branch, appears, allowing to create a branch in Bitbucket.
  3. When I commit in Bitbucket with a Jira id in the commit message (smart commit), I see it in my Jira issue as well as the associated branch and pull request.

That's not bad, but I can't see any issues from Jira in Bitbucket or any issues from Bitbucket in Jira.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Seb

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2017

Issues in JIRA and bitbucket are not synced even when the apps are connected. They are different entities.

The integration only works when you are doing the issue tracking inside JIRA and the intent is to link JIRA issues with commits/branches/PRs in bitbucket. That is just the way it is designed.

Sebastien Vandamme August 9, 2017

Ok, thank you.

Suggest an answer