Are there any plans to provide an API for the development panel?

gestj November 18, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Integrating with development tools

Bitbucket just launched this:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/buildstatus-resource-779295267.html

I immediately started to use this for integrating our Jenkins builds into Bitbucket.

I'd like to have the builds also in the development panel of the issue in Jira. But from what I know currently this is only possible when using Bamboo.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
jens
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2015

We currently don't have plans to provide an API for the development panel in JIRA. 

Unlike the build status in Bitbucket, the JIRA integration is not a "simple" REST API that allows for storing and retrieving information. It integrates much tighter with the rest of the Atlassian stack to ensure accuracy of the data and the right access controls. 

However, that doesn't mean build information can't be pulled into JIRA via other plugin points that allow adding additional panels to the sidebar, for JIRA Cloud and Server. 

_panniru December 22, 2015

Is it possible to get the development panel details In EazyBI JIRA Plugin?

1 vote
gestj November 19, 2015

Thanks for the quick answer.

Just let me know if you had/have already specific plugins for doing that in mind!?

0 votes
Saifuddin Tariwala March 8, 2016

Hi @Johannes Gest,

Did you find any plugin/api for exploring development Panel in JIRA?

Please share?

Thanks,

-Saif

gestj March 8, 2016

Hi @Saifuddin Tariwala,

no, sorry...

I am not a big fan of polluting JIRA with plugins for "nice-to-have" stuff. I rather wait for official updates.

That is why I didn't research detailed on this.

Regards wink

Suggest an answer