Setting a story point limit for a Sprint

Mark Stocker October 25, 2011

I have the Story Points field enabled and I think somewhere in Greenhopper there is the function to set a Story Point limit for a Sprint and if you drag storys in that exceed the limit the column goes red.

Where do you set this limit? Cant find it anywhere!

I'm on the latest versions of both Jira and Greenhopper.

Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
Danielle Zhu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2011

Looks like you found it, Mark. Yes, it's the staticstics marker.

0 votes
MinC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2011

Yes, you are right. Please remember to tick the Markers checkbox to that it will be shown on the Planning Board when the story points exceed the limit. You can refer to this documentation as a guideline: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Using+Statistical+Markers+to+Group+Issues

0 votes
Mark Stocker October 25, 2011

Think I might have found the answer although it's not quite what I expected. Under Agile - Planning Board on the right hand side is a Statistics button. Click that and then edit the Story point max limit to what your teams velocity is and check the Markers tick box.

Then if anything is added to that Sprint and the points exceed that limit something else will move out below the Marker line.

Suggest an answer