Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

When adding new issues, it should default to the project on screen, not last project issue was added

When creating new issues, Jira has been putting them into the last project to which I added an issue, rather than the project I just opened and is displayed on the screen.  Let's say last week, I entered a new issue for project A.  This week, I go into Jira, navigate to project B, and then enter a new issue.  What I find is that the issue is added to project A.  This is very frustrating because I have to now move the issue after creating it.  If I don't remember which was the last project I worked on, it takes even more time to get it moved as I have to find where the issue went.  (Thankfully the search routines work well so it does reduce the amount of time to find it.)

Is there a way to fix this already that I'm not aware of?  If not, please consider changing the operation.

1 answer

Hi @ShawnOHenry 

Why you don't change the project form the create screen?

I always do...when I remember.  I think I, like many others, would prefer the project to default to the one we currently have open in the browser.  It doesn't make much sense to open a project, press the "Create" button, and then have to change the project to match the one we started with.  It would make much more sense to have the project default to the same one as the project board which is open at the time.

Why don't you raise a suggestion at https://jira.atlassian.com/issues/?filter=98153? If there are more of you, you could easily back this request!

I don't see how to add/create an issue on that page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Feedback & Announcements

Announcing Data Residency for Standard and Premium licenses

Update: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlassian-Cloud-Migration/Data-Residency-Comes-to-Australia-amp-Update-on-Data-Residency/ba-p/1825538 We have just released data residency for Austra...

5,125 views 13 40
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you