The Admin's Tale: 10/10 would recommend!

thomas.png

Congratulations are in order for @Thomas Schlegel, who has achieved level 10 on Community!! Inspired by his knack for storytelling, I’d like to start off with a poem:

There once was a Leader named Thomas

He was helpful and kind and was honest

Tags he helped us declutter, & sought to help others

Every day he stays true to that promise

Giving Answers since twenty eleven

Total: one thousand, two hundred & ninety-seven

An award winning Leader, loves musical theater

And his articles are an admin’s heaven

He’s been answering questions for years

Well respected by us and by peers

Co-leads Hamburg Events, Atlassian knowledge immense

And is stellar at spreading good cheer

He’s known for his lists and his calendars

On contentious posts, always a balancer

Always up for a chat, with a smile and hat

He leads with the highest of caliber

His work is a great overview

Of examples and things we should do

Answers are never flimsy, thankful for his whimsy

Thomas, your Community loves you!

Screenshot 2021-01-19 at 19.40.33.png

Help us celebrate Thomas as we count down ten of his most stellar accomplishments and moments:

10. Thomas has been an Atlassian Community Leader for over three years. In that time, he has signed into community 4,066 times, received 2,074 likes, and posted over 4,000 times!

9. He comes in 15th of all time for most accepted answers on Community with a whopping 599 accepted answers. He has also earned 71 badges!

8. He’s written 41 articles, with his most viewed one being the The Admin's tale - User Macro filtering a Confluence table. This was part of his Admin Tales series and was viewed 27,100 times and liked 35 times! He’s also an avid member of our Atlassian Authors and Atlassian Answerers groups.

7. He’s co-lead 20 Hamburg Community events and also moderates their online group where there are over 100 posts.

6. He goes out of his way to highlight and celebrate fellow Leaders and we look forward to his holiday countdown calendar every year! Relive the magic for 2020, 2019, 2018, and 2017! He was also one of the first recipients for our Random Acts of Community badge, in appreciation for establishing this tradition.  

5. Thomas is an award winning Community Leader and someone many of us look to for inspiration. Accomplishments include winning our “Article Author” award in 2017, inclusion in our A+ guide to answers and articles and Community Content awards in 2018, 2019 and 2020.

4. An ode to Thomas by @Monique vdB: “One thing Thomas and I have in common is our love of board games — two of the games in my collection were gifts from him at previous Summits! I’m proud to be on his Christmas card list and to get updates whenever he is traveling to some amazing new place. In addition to being an exemplary leader, he’s a wonderful and fun-loving person, and I’m honored to call him a friend.”

3. An ode to Thomas by @Jimmy Seddon: “You can tell how much Thomas cares about the community with the effort he puts in at the busiest time of year to share with the entire community a little bit about other people!  He doesn't really say much, but he doesn't have to because the few things he does say you can tell are genuine and from the heart.  Thank you for being you Thomas!”

2. An ode to Thomas by @Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California): "There are many courses and books about key aspects of a good leader. But you don’t need that if you have the chance to meet Thomas Schlegel; he has what I consider some of the most important characteristics. A great attitude, good smile and perseverance. He is a hard worker and enthusiastic individual and also a nice person for a good conversation and great time."

1. An ode to Thomas by @Lars Maehlmann: “Thomas is one of the nicest guys I’ve had the pleasure to ‘work’ with. The way I learned about his new accomplishment is typical for Thomas; Darline had to tell me about it. He has never talked much about all is accomplishments. He is really modest.

His modesty, friendly and calm character reminds me of how we met. Prior to meeting Thomas, he was something like a ghost for me. I heard many stories of his friendliness, helpfulness and saw his articles on the Community. I was pretty sure he is real and lives somewhere around Hamburg, just I was the only one who hadn’t met him until Summit Barcelona in 2018. We’d reactivated the Hamburg community that summer and wanted to add an additional Leader. Former leaders mentioned Thomas and believed he would be a fantastic match. Okay, perfect - I was going to be a 'ghostbuster' and find Thomas to chat co-leadership at Summit Barcelona. Community Day was the first event I attended as a Leader and after joining a little late, Darline happily confirmed that Thomas was there. I was so excited to finally meet Thomas! The famous one! I got closer to it when I met @Marlon Palha _NYC_ who also confirmed that Thomas was there. Community Leaders described him as ‘the guy with the hat and a friendly smile' but I wasn’t able to find him during the session break. I still believed he was a ghost.

The Community Leader awards ceremony were up next and of course Thomas was nominated. The big moment was near! He got up from his chair and I saw him for the first time. He looked like everyone had described him: friendly, open minded, a smile and a hat (I believe he is always with a hat!). He was so popular, it took a few attempts to get through and introduce myself. He looked at me, smiled and said: ‘Aaah Lars, I talked to Nils (co-leader in Hamburg) about you and how we might work together on the community’. Mission accomplished, I’d found my hometown ‘ghost’ by meeting Thomas.

It was the beginning of a wonderful co-working relationship in the Hamburg community. We have worked together for two years and it has always been a great pleasure. We’ve shared and discussed lots of ideas (& event formats). I love his strong support and work to keep the community running, even virtually now.

Thank you Thomas, you are the best!”

We are incredibly grateful for you, Thomas! You’re an inspiration to so many of us here. Please join us in celebrating Thomas by leaving your well wishes below!

21 comments

Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2021

Congrats Thomas !!! 👏

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

Amazing! Congratulations! 

Like # people like this
Tamanna Godara
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 21, 2021

🥳 Woooo!! What a great post!
Congratulations @Thomas Schlegel !!!!!

Like # people like this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

Well deserved, @Thomas Schlegel! I'm thrilled to know you, and thank you for the impact you make in the Atlassian Community! 💙

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2021

Congratulations @Thomas Schlegel!  This is very well deserved!

Like # people like this
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2021

Congrats @Thomas Schlegel. I can just back whatever was said here.

And I'm really looking forward to some boardgames with you some time on some Atlassian Event. I didn't know about @Monique vdB's boardgame passion so far - I actually thought about hosting some boardgame event at a past summit, but somehow didn't find the time for it. Maybe next summit/team/whatever the event will be called by then?

Like # people like this
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2021

And awesome poem, @Darline Auguste!

That's so fun to read!

Like # people like this
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2021

Thank you so much, @Darline Auguste  - a poem for me - I'm so overwhelmed

Thank you, @Monique vdB , @Jimmy Seddon , @Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California) ,  @Lars Maehlmann  and everyone else for your kind words - I'm so happy to be a part of this wonderful community! 

Like # people like this
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2021

Hi @Darline Auguste ,

That's a pretty nice poem!

@Thomas Schlegel  Congratulation! You are doing great! All the best!

Regards,

Soumyadeep

Like # people like this
Isha January 21, 2021

Congrats Thomas! I am in awe of all that you have accomplished during the past 3 years. We are so grateful to have you as a leader and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Like Thomas Schlegel likes this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2021

@Thomas Schlegel You deserve all of these amazing accolades and then some! Your generosity and Community spirit is contagious, and we are beyond lucky that you choose to spend your time with us. Congrats! 🎉

Like # people like this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2021

So well-deserved @Thomas Schlegel - congratulations and thank you for all you do!!

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 21, 2021

Congratulations, @Thomas Schlegel ! I am honored to work with you, and happy to know ya :). 

BiancaE
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2021

Congrats @Thomas Schlegel!! Your content is a joy to read and we greatly appreciate you. 

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 21, 2021

You are amazing Thomas! 

Dwok January 23, 2021

Congratulations!

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2021

Way to go @Thomas Schlegel! Well deserved.

nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2021

that’s amazing Thomas 👏👏👏

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2021

Congratulations!

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2021

Congratulations, @Thomas Schlegel! Well deserved!

Sajit Nair
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2021

Congrats Thomas

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events