What's New in Confluence Cloud – June 2022 Edition

Hi there, Community!

Thrilled to bring you an action-packed edition of What's New. You can now turn tables into dynamic charts, add a status label to your page so there's no confusion if it's in draft, express yourself with reactions, and so much more - let's dive right in!

Tell data-driven stories with table visualization 📊

In just a few clicks, you can now turn your tables into dynamic pie charts, bar charts, or line charts, edit values, and present your insights — all without leaving Confluence!

See it in action.

tablevis-marketing-reducedsize (1).gif

Discovering content just got easier with related pages 📑

Have you ever gotten to the end of a Confluence page and thought “well, now what?” We’ve got you covered! You now have automatically generated suggestions for further reading, based on pages that are viewed or are organized together. Learn more.

image-20220607-152737 (1) (1).png

Express yourself with Confluence reactions 😍

Now you can react to any page or comment with dozens of emoji reactions (including your own custom ones)! Reactions are an interactive way for you and your team to express yourselves, while prompting meaningful engagement on content. Try them out.

Reactions .png

Microsoft Teams got a Confluence upgrade 🤝
You can now create, edit, and collaborate on Confluence content without leaving Microsoft Teams! Learn more.

abd855d2-355c-4229-bd6c-377926d19a83 (1).png

Page status, a new way to keep your team informed 🏷

Never again have someone leave feedback on your page before it's ready. Page status makes it clear what stage your page is at with easy-to-read statuses that can be customized for your team’s unique workflow. Check it out.

d32439f0-c1a5-49da-bcf5-9d70d710efff.gif

Key Confluence functionality is now 3x-4x faster ⚙️
The Confluence Performance team has improved load times on Page Tree, Quick Search, inline comments, images, and more. And this is just the beginning. Read about it. 

BEFORE                                   AFTER

quicksearch_ssr_sidebyside_longer.gif

A new way to view Excel files in Confluence 🗂

The Excel Macro has gotten an upgrade, making it easier to engage with Excel data right from Confluence. Excel files are now displayed as spreadsheets with tabs. See it in action

BEFORE                                    AFTER
before.gif   giphy                             

Find the right content faster with breadcrumbs 🍞
Take the mystery out of search with breadcrumbs in advanced search results! Quickly get contextual insight into a page’s location and hierarchy so you don’t have to click through every result. Check it out

Advanced_Search_Breadcrumb (2).gif

Bug squashing! A roundup of high impact bug fixes 🐞

Check out the high impact bugs our engineering team has fixed over the last couple months. Learn more.Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 10.17.33 AM.png

Thanks for reading! As always, please share your feedback in the comments and subscribe to the whats-new RSS feed to stay up to date on the latest.

31 comments

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2022

Thanks for the timely update @Reni Carlson .

Like # people like this
Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2022

Super awesome! Thank you dear Confluence Team! This is amazing!!! 🤩💙

Like # people like this
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2022

Great, but as a data center user I always feel left out ☹

Like # people like this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2022

Great roundup! The related pages feature is my fav!

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 20, 2022

So great to see many of the features that we have been hearing about for a while making it into production. Our organization has benefitted from many of these already, and we are looking forward to access to all.

Like Reni Carlson likes this
Cora Egli_bitvoodoo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2022

Great news - and thanks for pointing out the RSS feed to subscribe to regular Confluence news! Curated Confluence news are something I've been looking for since... forever!

Roshna Khan June 22, 2022

Great stuff! Is there any way we can get dropdown filters for tables 🙏

Like # people like this
Lexi Schmitt June 22, 2022

I always look forward to these monthly updates. Thanks for sharing them with us @Reni Carlson

Like # people like this
kosuke.enomoto June 22, 2022

Like # people like this
Guy Halamish June 23, 2022

Would appreciate adding page breaks for better exported documents. 

Like # people like this
Jason Phan June 24, 2022

Very excited to see these updates!! 👏👏👏

Jessica Magoch June 25, 2022

Can we please have the ability to use our own hex codes to get the branding to match ours in Confluence? It's really important adopting it as a seamless integration in our company. 

Like # people like this
luan_dang June 26, 2022

Awesome update; I like the improvement for Excel macro. 

Like Nathan Nicholson likes this
Filip Kalamaga June 27, 2022

Nice, a lot of good updates! Still no automation release to public. 

Malik Badaruddin June 27, 2022

This is great! thanks for the updates!

charlenec June 27, 2022

This is great to support Excel preview, thank you so much.

One more suggestion for Excel support: if it's possible to edit the Excel on the WIKI page by different persons at the same time? Please help consider, thanks.

Yaya Ndongo June 27, 2022

A lot of great stuff. Thanks a lot for the amazing work. 

Just a small thing I've noticed, it's seems that the gifs for "Before" & "After" on the performance announcement  are swapted. 

Ramy Alfred June 27, 2022

Awesome work Confluence Team!! 🤩

Erik Mathijs June 27, 2022

Upgrading the Excel Macro is real good stuff.

Because of the functionality of the Excel Macro in our Confluence Server Environment, the first edition of the Excel macro was a breaking point for our users.

We are becoming real cloud fans !!!

Good work Confluence team 👍

Like # people like this
Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 27, 2022

Been super ready for these updates!!!!!!!!!!! ❤️

Tim Braxton June 29, 2022

The Table Filter & Charts app still works a lot better in comparison to the new "Table Visualization".  With this new integrated "Table Visualization", you cannot filter the table in view mode and have the chart automatically change to represent the filter you applied.  Sorting also has to happen before you put the table data on the page.  For example, if you are building a timeline, date values have to be in ascending order prior to saving - if you want a line chart to show your values along the timeline properly.  Please say I am wrong about this and I have overlooked something (if true).  Baby steps are good though (which still probably took a lot of effort) - and it is much appreciated! ;)  Thanks!

Here is an example of what I can do with the Table Filter and Charts app for Confluence:

The first one shows a Time Line of the last sales in a neighborhood for all three types of "Model" homes.  The second one shows the last sales for each home of a particular "Model".  225 homes total.  When I hover over a point, I see the date and price for that point.  These filters work in "View" mode for the Confluence page.  For now, I will stick with Table Filter and Charts.  Maybe you all need to partner with them like you did with Insight for Asset Management in Jira Service Management - just don't charge us more, please ;)

Table Filter and Charts App Example001.pngTable Filter and Charts App Example002.png

Like # people like this
Roman Purishy June 30, 2022

Great work. Please do collapsable code blocks

Like Trang likes this
Nicholas Wade July 4, 2022

Absolute rubbish. Like building a car with no wheels.... Get NUMBERED LISTS SORTED!!!!

Mayank singh July 4, 2022

Awesome work Confluence Team!!

Jamin Peckham July 5, 2022

Dang, this round of features is awesome!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events