What's New in Confluence Cloud – February 2021 Edition

Hey there, Community!

Is it just us, or did January fly by? Next up, we have the month of all things love: features you’ll fall for, upgrades you’ll adore, and Confluence’s Customer Love Month!

Duplicate ❤️ +❤️ page trees

Why recreate a perfectly great page from scratch? Now you can copy an entire page tree (including attachments!). Move your great work within a space or teleport it to an entirely new one.image-20210128-063429.png

You’ll ❤️ this new way to view Pages

Sometimes, a page name just isn’t enough to get you where you need to go. With the new Pages button in the sidebar, you can view a selection of Page cards which lets you test drive before you buy.

Page.png

PDF Export got some ❤️ improvements

If you’ve ever tried exporting a PDF in Confluence, you know that sometimes PDF can stand for Pretty Darn Frustrating. We’re excited to announce the new and improved Export to PDF function. Get the perfect export every time.

Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 1.23.41 PM.png

New & improved mobile experience you’ll ❤️

Mobile got a glow-up! You can now access all the macros you love such as action items, images, @ mentions, dates, or attachments with the new editor toolbar. Convey important information to your team wherever they are in the world in 14 new languages

newtoolbargif.gif

Begone, bugs! We don’t ❤️ you!

We’re no fans of pesky bugs disrupting your workflow, and we’re on a mission to bash 'em all. Every month, we’ll be posting an update of all of the fixes we’ve made across Confluence Cloud. Stay tuned for more improvements!

And YOU get a prize, and YOU get a prize… ❤️

It’s Confluence’s Customer Love Month, and we’re showing that love with tons of giveaways! Enter to win swag, cash, and even an invite to an exclusive VIP Happy Hour:

Plan product changes with ❤️ thanks to Release tracks

Introducing Release tracks to Confluence Cloud Premium! Choose between continuous or bundled bi-weekly product releases and see info on upcoming product updates.

❤️ getting organized? Try Team Calendars

Team Calendars provides one place for teams to track everyone’s schedules in Confluence. This freshly redesigned Confluence Premium feature will give your team complete visibility into roadblocks, vacations, events, and more.

Blog (share calendars).png

That’s all for this month! Share your feedback in the comments and subscribe to the whats-new RSS feed to stay up to date on the latest.

24 comments

Maurice Pasman February 2, 2021

❤ the PDF export improvements!

Like # people like this
Jenn Riek
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2021

@Maurice Pasman thanks for your comment! You've been selected to receive a gift code to our Atlassian swag store in honor of Confluence's Customer Love Month. Please email me at jriek@atlassian.com to claim your code. 

Like # people like this
Vinicius
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2021

PDF export improvements and that Pages feature are great and positive updates! Gotta love Confluence! <3 

Like # people like this
Tom Crowley February 9, 2021

The copy page tree enhancement is very timely! Thanks!

Also, I dismissed a pop-up about public pages this morning (another very handy little change!), and can't seem to find information on it now. Is that part of this release?

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2021

@Brittany Sudlow - whoa, love the Evernote-like page tile view (there's lots of apps that do this; Evernote just came to mind), it's space efficient and content rich, yay!

FYI, just left a review for Confluence on LinkedIn. I've been meaning to do that forever-ever.

Like Brittany Sudlow likes this
Craig Barrett February 22, 2021

G'day, I am really thankful that you have updated the export functionality. I just wish I knew html so I could easily add our companies logo to the header and footer of each pdf page. After reading some of the steps that are required to do this I thought it better I go back to my crayons and lego :)

Lisa Molden February 22, 2021

<3 The mobile and PDF export updates!

Like # people like this
Bhushan Porwal February 22, 2021

Thanks for this - Atlassian

Duplicate ❤️ +❤️ page trees is the most favorite!! 

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2021

The calendar feature looks fab! 🤓💙

Deleted user February 23, 2021

CONGRATS on the Duplicate Page Tree release! YAY!

So can you compare this to the older Copy Page Tree plug-in? Is there 100% overlap or features that one has that the other does not?

Zhihao Wu February 23, 2021

The long awaited calendar function has arrived.

Peter Fjelsten February 25, 2021

Hello

I do not see any changes to PDF export of images in my Cloud instance - they still waaaay to wide and crush other columns.

Jenn Riek
Atlassian Team
February 25, 2021

@Lisa Molden thanks for your comment! You've been selected to receive a gift for Customer Love Month. Please email me at jriek@atlassian.com to claim. 

tuando February 25, 2021

Thanks for the improvement, after I use confluence to document my project (Mẹo Vặt Hay). It easy to find features and an improvement feature for my project. Thanks, Atlassian. I love you :)

Like # people like this
Grezzle Dsilva March 2, 2021

Great update!

Eva Kasiak March 2, 2021

that's cool indeed ! I love the new PDF export and product release schedule. 

Jawann March 2, 2021

Great to see the ability to copy page trees added as core functionality.

On the topic of mobile, I reported this bug several months ago and it has not been addressed. In the iPhone app, if you tap a link to a Space that includes /overview at the end, the link opens in your default browser. If the link does not include /overview, it correctly opens in the app (as it should).

We have a landing page with links to several Spaces, where some links include /overview and others do not.

• ourpage.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/TEST/overview ---> tapping this link opens in default browser (wrong)
  • ourpage.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/TEST ---> tapping this link opens in the app and still takes you to Overview page (correct)

The app should open all Confluence links within the app, especially when they are within the same instance.

Stephanie Zhang _Product_
Atlassian Team
March 2, 2021

Hey there @Jawann

My name is Steph and I'm a PM on the Confluence Cloud Mobile team. 

Thank you so much for the feedback! We'd love to learn more about your use cases for Confluence mobile (and any other pain points you might be encountering). Would you be interested in a 30 minute feedback session with us?

As a token of our appreciation, you'd be eligible for a $70 giftcard. 

Feel free to send over your availability at szhang5@atlassian.com if you're interested. Thanks in advance!

Like Irene likes this
Kentra Technologies March 4, 2021

What I see is great features in Confluence Premium. Release Management, it's one of the most important features when we have all with Atlassian. It goes to Premium only. Shared agendas, a basic thing, also only on Premium. And about the external users support? How can we use Confluence in a Project when you cannot securely share documentation with an external project team, without have then registered on our bill? No release notes, no shared documentation, no agenda. Everything that is critical are moving to Confluence Premium. I am not so happy!

Like Didier Lachere likes this
Marisa Disner-Martino March 24, 2021

This may be a silly question, but how do I get the newest features?  I don't currently have them and I cannot figure out how to update my current account.

Thank you!

Brittany Sudlow
Atlassian Team
March 25, 2021

@Marisa Disner-Martino Do you know if you are using the Cloud version or the Data Center or Server version? These features are just for Confluence Cloud and come to you automatically -- no need to update your account.

Marisa Disner-Martino March 25, 2021

We have the Cloud version, but I still don't see the option to use the new features.  Is there somewhere you can direct me to see them in action?

Pieter van tonder April 22, 2021

Team Calendar - Love, Copy tree - Love!

I would love to be able to create a tree structure template.  It would save me a ton of time, but I could not find feature suggestions for Confluence, only Jira.

Atlantis February 20, 2023

I use confluence for my project (sách nói) which helps me manage my team great. Thanks 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events