Update #1 on the Community Kudos beta!

We've officially launched the beta phase of our Community Kudos program. 🎉  The program overview has been updated here. 

We've made updates based on your feedback in comments, interviews, and our survey, and here are some of the biggest changes you will see:

New: You can now select a reason for why you are giving kudos as shown below:

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 3.18.47 PM.png

Note: you can search for user by first name or last name but not both; the search box can't handle spaces.  Until we are able to fix this bug, I recommend using last name as a workaround, as it tends to be more unique! 

New: Progress meter! You can now see how far away you are from completing a challenge, as well as a challenge counter. Reminder: challenges are not retroactive at this time. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 2.38.48 PM.png

New: You can sort challenges by "Expiring soon" and "In progress." Click on any individual challenge to see your progress and a link to where you can complete it.

New: Your points tracker now includes the kudos you've been awarded and all your other points activity in one place.

Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 2.42.25 PM.png

Remember this is a beta! Points and challenges may change at any time, although we'll do our best as always to keep you updated and give you a heads up before any major changes.  Enjoy the new challenges you will see and the new functionality, and let us know in the comments if you have any suggestions or questions, or find any issues.

Thank you for trying out the Kudos program!

25 comments

Comment

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2021

Woo, the Kudos feature is shinier! 🌟

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 15, 2021

Note: you may encounter an error trying to give kudos. We're working on a fix for this! 

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2021

KUDOS to that! I'll give my kudos tomorrow morning... 😉

Like # people like this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2021

the give kudos works

grafik.png

but I miss the old "get Kudos" window.

where is this feature now?

in "Your Points Tracker"?

Like Dave Liao likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 16, 2021

@Alexander Pappert yes, it's now in your points tracker. And thanks for the kudos! :D 

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 16, 2021

Giving out those kudos like it's 1999!

Like # people like this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2021

@Monique vdB 

Kudos given is empty:

grafik.png

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2021
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2021

@Monique vdB 

I question to the challenges, which are only active for 1 day.

Its great that we can see them before they start, but I don't understand the counter:

maybe it is buggy, because of my german time zone (liken in beta)

- today is saturday

if it starts in 3 days, this would be wednesday (I don't count today)

I think that last week i also got all my super solve thursday badged on wednesday (sind I had vacation, I am nor really sure which day it was)

- also, it says 5 days left for the callenge

when it starts in 3 days, and I have 5 days left do to it, this would mean that the challenge would last 2 days instead of 1 day (only thursday)

grafik.png

Like Monique vdB likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
April 17, 2021

@Alexander Pappert we have to pick a specific time for the challenge (it can't change depending on time zones) so we align to the time at our HQ in Sydney.  So in US terms, it spans 2 days.  I agree the countdown timer is confusing too!  We'll ponder what to do. 

Like # people like this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 19, 2021

I've been on annual leave... 2 weeks of no work was amazing!

Coming back to these changes, it looks great - very streamlined and clear now.

@Monique vdB well done for all your work on this.

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
April 19, 2021

@Liam Green hey welcome back! We missed you :) 

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

Can someone describe how "returned to Community" and "accessed Community" are measured? I access Community 5 days out of 7, usually 6 of 7 and I don't see counts reflective of my activity.  Do I need to close all windows/tabs and log out/in every day?

returned-to-community.jpg

I know, I know ...

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
April 19, 2021

@LarryBrock you should be getting kudos for that every day based on pageviews. If it's set up as signins, then it may require you to log out and back in again.  I'll double check!

@Alexander Pappert what would we do without your detailed feedback, thank you! I sent you some kudos of course. 

Like Alexander Pappert likes this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 21, 2021

Hi @Monique vdB this Beta feature is just stunning with root, seed, sapling (terminologies). The clean UI and visualize the activities.

I have this question when checking the "challenges" section. Every challenge has certain steps but it doesn't give any clue as to where to find that step or how to navigate. There is a lot of confusion to me in terms of earning that kudos points. So, at the moment I'm just going with the flow of answering the questions or reading the posts by other member that helps me.

I wish there will be some clues that are going to uncover in terms of this beta version!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
April 21, 2021

@G subramanyam thank you for the feedback! Some challenges have an arrow that should take you to the URL where the challenge can be completed.  If there are any in particular you're wondering about, let me know! 

Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 10.38.01 AM.png

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 21, 2021

Hi @Monique vdB thank you for the quick reply. PFI the screen shots and help me understand the steps:

E.g., what is the "home page link" and where do I find events in the sidebar?

e.g., Explore the community: When "exploring", do we need to read/answer/edit/ like/insert a picture/ join the groups/ be a watcher/ or just open one if the groups and log out!

E.g., Are there any steps to set "search alerts"? If yes, could you help me.

E.g., How can I customize my home page feed?

You might be surprised by my questions, but after seeing all these challenges and steps to fulfill, I feel I know little about the UI of this community. So, any tutorial or navigation guide might help explorer's like me.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Monique vdB
Community Manager
April 21, 2021

@G subramanyam we are going to look into these to see where we can add links, I thought they all had them already! In the meantime, this article has instructions for customizing your homepage feed and setting search alerts: How to follow conversations on community.

This link in the sidebar will help you find events:

Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 11.33.58 AM.png

For explore the community, which badge is that? I can help make it more descriptive.

Great feedback thank you again! Will send over some kudos :) 

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 21, 2021

Thank you @Monique vdB for sharing that link and steps. Now I'm able to:

1) Set the home page feed.

2) Able to figure out the home page >> events in sidebar.

The "explore the community" step is from the challenge "Find your community" (screen shot inline). 

With your replies, this kudos feature is getting more interesting. Kudos to the people who proposed this feature idea and the development team for clean interface.

6.jpg

Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
April 22, 2021

Are challenges a feature of the Beta or of the Kudos?

.... and why cant I like peoples comments? I can like the main article, but not the individual comments.

Like # people like this
Evan Rosal April 23, 2021

What did I miss? 🧐

images.jpeg

Like # people like this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2021
elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2021

I love this so much! It's so much easier to see what I've accomplished, what remains, and what's new :)

Monique vdB
Community Manager
May 4, 2021

@Linda Milne_Togetha Group_ you should be able to like individual comments; where are you having this issue?

@Alexander Pappert right now no, they do not count. We'll work to clarify this!

@elizabeth_jones I'm so excited! Thank you for the feedback! 

Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
May 4, 2021

@Monique vdBnot sure what was happening with the like button, it was perhaps a momentary glitch. I'm on satellite broadband and I've noticed recently that I get periods where stuff just doesn't get through, not just jira, but anything I'm accessing - I just first noticed it when trying to do the likes. So, I wouldn't worry about it, Ill keep monitoring it.

Thanks for following it up!

thumbs up.jpg

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events