cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User language as smart value

Martin Boehme
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2021

Hi,

I want to send an e-mail to the reporter of a Jira SM ticket by using the "Send E-Mail" action of Automation for Jira.

If the user selected German as their preferred language in their profile settings, the text in the e-mail should be in German. If the user selected any other language, the text should be in English.

I would implement this by having a simple If-Else-Block that checks for a smart value / variable that contains the reporter's language.

I need to implement this for Cloud as well as for Data Center.

For Cloud, it should be fairly easy because the language the reporter used when creating the ticket is stored in the dedicated "Request language" field. ✅

But in Data Center, this field does not exist (at least not until Jira SM 4.18). And I can't find any smart value that contains the user's language setting. 😢

Does any one have a solution for this?

Best,

Martin

2 answers

1 vote
Martin LALONDE February 20, 2024

I ran into the same problem trying to use smart value with an automation in Jira Cloud. I've tried many combination of the below smart value

{{issue.request language}}

{{issue.request language.name}}

{{issue.request language.value}}

{{customfield_xxxx}} 

{{issue.Request Type.request language}}

{{issue.Request Type.request language.name}}

{{issue.Request Type.request language.value}}

Then to compare those, I've use either en or English and always came back false.

I've change my validation with a JQL request and this is working perfectly

image.png

I hope this could help others since this request is old.

1 vote
Neenu jose March 23, 2023

Any feasibility to implement it in Server/data center? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events