Create
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Sr. Atlassian Admin Mike Rathwell shares his biggest migration lessons and tips

Hey Atlassian Community,

Many of you may know Community Leader and Sr. Admin, @Mike Rathwell from his amazing 5-part series on migrating to the Cloud, which you can read at A Solitary Admin with Cloudy Thinking: A Journey of Hope, Despair, and Triumph.

He was a special guest in our recent migration panel with tons of knowledge and expertise in the migration process to share!

We snagged some time with Mike to ask him all of your curious questions on what it looks like to migrate so you know what to expect and what to look forward to.

Listen to hear:

• Why his organization moved to Cloud
  • What Mike did to research and prepare for the migration
  • How he overcame any migration roadblocks
  • The many ways they've benefited after migrating
  • Mike's top tips for admins considering a migration

Thanks, Mike! Read his 5-part series throughout his migration journey, and leave some love for Mike in the comments šŸ‘‡šŸ¼

Have more questions on migrating to Cloud? Add them to this month's AMA with Chris Clarke: Head of Product, Migration Journey at Atlassian and check out everything else we have going on for Migrations Month!

6 comments

Comment

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

Thanks for sharing this article, @Sharon Tan !

@Mike Rathwell Thanks for sharing your learnings & experiences from your Cloud migration journey.

It will be very useful and helpful for other admins or users looking to migrate to Cloud who will learn a lot from your lessons & tips to make their Cloud migration journey easier and smoother.

Like ā€¢ # people like this
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2022

Thanks for your thoughts, @Taranjeet Singh . I do hope that others will get some benefit. It was a heavy lift and that a) there will be bleak periods but b) they will get there and there is a great community that will help along the way.

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

Loved the "Cloudy Journey" series! It showcases one of the things I love about knowing @Mike Rathwell. He has a uniquely interesting and entertaining way of sharing his knowledge ā€” and he has a lot of it.

I bet the fact that he "actually did grow up on a farm new Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada" (news to me!) may be one of the things that makes him so unique. šŸ˜‰

Keep sharing the wisdom, Mike!

Al Amin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 24, 2022

Visa Canada nodes 

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 24, 2022

@Mike Rathwell thank you for sharing your thoughts! You were a star in the recent migrations panel, too! 

Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2022

Thank you, @Dave Rosenlund . I prefer unique as, perhaps, the best non-vitpuerative appellations. I am glad you enjoyed the articles and I suspect I have more rattling around the bottom of the box somewhere.

Thank you, @Bridget . I really enjoyed doing that.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events